Tuesday, November 2, 2010

chocolate milk.

Growing up, chocolate milk was the best thing in the world. My sister and I would find the biggest glass in the cupboard and fill it pretty much to the rim with milk. Then we always had to ask mom or dad if we could make chocolate milk. They usually said yes, but only use a little chocolate syrup. Well, while they were looking we would only use a little bit of chocolate syrup but as soon as they weren't paying attention anymore we would go back the fridge and add enough syrup to make our milk look almost black. Looking back, that's actually pretty gross and I don't think I would ever do that again, but as kids it was awesome. Pretty much everything as a kid was awesome. Life was so carefree. We played outside until it was dark, watched Disney movies, colored for homework, played school, and didn't worry about which major we were going to choose and what career path we were going to take or how we were going pay for our student loans. We weren't burdened with the troubles of the world and we thought that life was over when mom and dad made us go to bed early or visit the dentist. Now, I would love it if someone made me go to bed by 9:00, but that is unrealistic due to all the papers and homework and reading that has to be done all the time. All of this growing up stuff that I'm going through gives the illusion that I am not entering full time adulthood, but really, who am I fooling? For lunch the past week I've been eating peanut butter sandwiches along with an apple and pretzels and of course chocolate milk. And yes, I do drink my chocolate milk with a straw. Not only has my appetite resembled that of an elementary student's lunch box but I am also making a list of Disney movies that I want to watch when I go home for break. And on top of that my study breaks involve my box of magic markers, my Care Bears coloring book, and either classic Disney music or old Britney Spears, which is practically what I grew up on. So when growing up seems too hard and gets overwhelming, I know exactly where to find some chocolate milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment