Wednesday, November 10, 2010

slight grunt.

So, getting the urge to add a new post at the same time I'm supposed to be studying is becoming a pattern. Maybe a not healthy pattern, but whatever. Sometimes it's nice to get all of these bouncing thoughts in my head out and typed up for the world to see so my brain is nice and clear before I dive into the oh so exciting world of transport in vascular plants. Yes, just admit it, I know that you are super jealous you don't have a Biology exam on friday too. Anyways, it's been a pretty solid day - no rain, good hair, comfy outfit and I'm in the perfect mood to do some hard core studying. On the fourth floor of the library, right at the end of some book shelves in the stacks there are some cozy chairs with their backs to the shelves facing the wall. Well, I use the word cozy very carefully, I mean the chairs are cozy compared to the desk chairs, but very uncomfortable compared the love seat in my living room at home. But they great for the library. So, before I pick which one to sit in I have to do walk by to see which ones are available. This is a somewhat complicated process because I have to walk very slowly and peer down the row of books all while continuing to walk forward and not look too ridiculous because there are other people watching me and I don't want to look like a complete weirdo. It involves some amateur acting skills. The first two chairs are clear. The third one was occupied, well I couldn't exactly tell, but there was a water bottle and a backpack so I just assumed. Then I continued walking and the next two were clear too. I then walked to the end of the hallway and stared long and hard at bookshelf, pretending to be search for a book, then grunted a little (it was very slight grunt) to show to anyone that may have been watching me that I was unsuccessful in finding my book so of course I had to turn around and walk past the shelves again. Hopefully by this time anyone who had seen me earlier forgot I had just walked by. Now I had to pick chair. There are five chairs, why would the only other person sitting in the chairs pick the one in the middle? For real. That leaves me with only two options, of course I'm not going to sit in one right next to her, so I had to pick one on the end, both of which are right by doors pumping in cold air. But I finally settled on a chair, even though I have to sit on the end by the door...I'll get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment