Saturday, November 13, 2010

His patience.

A lot has been on my mind recently. What do I want to do with the rest of my life? Is switching my major a bad decision? Why don't I have a boyfriend? Why does school have to be so hard? How do I keep God first in my life and how do I know what His will for my life is? On top of that I get overwhelmed with homework and keeping up friendships, stressed about exams and just want to be at home. My Heavenly Father sees all of this and knows every single one of my thoughts, questions, and doubt; He's the one who made me. He knows me better than anyone else, fabricated my personality just to fit me and knows all of my deepest needs and desires. He is also the only one who can fulfill those needs and desires. It must hurt Him so much when I lag in self pity and get upset over the things of this world when He is right there with me the entire time, walking alongside me, and I don't even notice or acknowledge Him. All He wants is for me to talk to Him and share my heart with Him. His love for me is so passionate and patient, yet it is so easy for me to look for love and acceptance from other people even though I know it only leads to disappointment. I keep chasing after earthly things that will never satisfy, all the while God is waiting for me with open arms, just wanting me to be in His presence and love Him and give all of my attention to Him. I disappoint Him everyday, yet He waits for me and His enduring love for me is unfathomable.

No comments:

Post a Comment